PDA

View Full Version : FNG on this Site Only

docmctee75
07-06-2008, 20:40
Greetings fellow DevilDocs!

My name is Larry McTernan and I was a grunt doc with Mike 3/9 during the final (as in LAST DAYS) days of our participation in Vietnam, serving in a variety of capacities (both green and blue) during the chaotic flight of refugees both before, during and after Operation Frequent Wind. Held in Brigade reserve, we steamed toward Cambodia when they launched Golf 2/9 onto Koh Tang, suffering the loss of 39 Marines and two Devil Docs -- HM2 Bernard Gause and HN Ronald Manning.

I hope to come back here often as I have missed the camaraderie of both Marines and FMF corpsmen since I got out in 1977. The last 2 1/2 years of my enlistment were probably the best I served.

Semper Fi,

docmctee75

07-07-2008, 07:21
Welcome Home and Welcome Aboard docmctee75 (http://www.corpsman.com/forum/member.php?u=1977).

Da-Chief
07-07-2008, 08:13
Welcome aboard "DOC"

Just like the Marines, "Once a Marine, always a Marine"

"Once a Doc, always a Doc!!"

Welcome Home Brother!!

8404 Put this man to work!!

Sick Call now commencing..

Fresh Pen-G shots on the Lido Decks for our Marines!!

;-)

D/C

07-07-2008, 08:17
...Fresh Pen-G shots on the Lido Decks for our Marines!!

Yikes........as 8404 assumes the position for his Pen-G shot.......whoa....easy Doc.......DOH..........groans loudly!

Da-Chief
07-07-2008, 09:15
Yeah Big boy you liked it.

No more liberty for you!!
;-)

D/C

HMC8404
07-07-2008, 09:34
Hey Larry (aka Pogh) ... glad to see you aboard a real Navy site. ;)

docmctee75
07-07-2008, 14:15
You know, I still have one of the original "The Marines Already Have a Few Good Men... Navy Corpsmen" bumper stickers that were plastered over everything and anything, including the bumper of the CG of the 1st Mar Div, who tried to ban them and was obviously pissed that some wiseass corpsman had the audacity to "desecrate" his official staff car.

Back in those days, they made you salute any vehicle bearing a blue (officer's) sticker while In FMSS, a practice most corpsmen soon dropped citing Navy regulations as a way of getting out of what we considered a waste of saluting energy. We were creative, had a Marine instructor (SSGT) who was ex-Recon and ran us past the Recon barracks for PT, calling cadence that turned into an expression of the middle finger being raised every time the cadence called for "F*ck You!" We lived in old wooden building left over from WWII and lived in huge squadbays. I imagine that the living conditions have improved.

SF,

docmctee75

07-07-2008, 21:17
...that some wiseass corpsman had the audacity to "desecrate" his official staff car...

Day um Doc, that's almost right up there with a few Marines drinking beers on the CG's front lawn next to his pond, at Camp Pendleton. They stole one of his ducks and took him home and ate it! Now how the heck do I know that? lol

oorah!

http://www.valdosta.edu/%7Emtrejo/duck.jpeg http://research.microsoft.com/nlc/airs2004/image/tourist%20info/R_BeijingRoastDuck.gif

Quack...Quack!

Doc_Stevens
07-09-2008, 16:00
You know, I still have one of the original "The Marines Already Have a Few Good Men... Navy Corpsmen" bumper stickers that were plastered over everything and anything

I have one of those plastered on my briefcase right now. :chat: