PDA

View Full Version : Re-enlisting

FMFSinned90
05-17-2010, 08:31
Hello I'm trying to figure out if I should re-enlist before I leave my first duty station or wait until I arrive at my next command. My HARD EAOS is 02SEP2012 and my SOFT EAOS is 02SEP2013. I honestly have no idea what these mean or which one I should go by to re enlist. I was planning on trying to re-enlist next year in march since I would be 6 months from the HARD EAOS. Any suggestions or help would be wonderful.

USN HM 350Z
05-17-2010, 22:19
Hello I'm trying to figure out if I should re-enlist before I leave my first duty station or wait until I arrive at my next command. My HARD EAOS is 02SEP2012 and my SOFT EAOS is 02SEP2013. I honestly have no idea what these mean or which one I should go by to re enlist. I was planning on trying to re-enlist next year in march since I would be 6 months from the HARD EAOS. Any suggestions or help would be wonderful.

next year in March 2011 would be a year and a half out.....

dvldocjoe
05-18-2010, 01:33
My guess is that when you signed, HM is still a five year contract. You have the standard Navy four with an obligated one year extension. The Hard date should be the four year mark and the soft the fifth?

I am sure one the "senior" member can assist with this if I am wrong...

HMC-FMF-PJ
05-18-2010, 09:25
End of Active Obligated Service (EAOS)

The Hard EAOS (HEAOS) is the last day of your enlistment contract and does not
include any agreements for extension of active duty. For example, if a sailor has a 4-year
contract with a 1-year extension, the HEAOS is at the 4-year mark, and the Soft EAOS (SEAOS) is at the 5-year mark.

I believe you will need to be approved for re-enlistment during PTS.