Thread: FMTB East

FMTB East

Ok so here goes. I am a corpsman, imagine that. lol However, I have only been a corpsman for about 2 years out of my 6 year career. I was a prior GSE. So here is my question. I am a 2nd class getting ready to transition to FMTB East in route to 2nd MLG. What should I expect throughout the course of FMTB?

Tons of information at ---> FMTB East especially the links on the left of their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Da-Chief View Post
    FMTB in Lejuene...

THe Senior Petty Officers bring you the paper and breakfast in bed..

You take leisurely walks by the beach..

No one raises their voice at you when you work on your sand garden.. It is tranquil...

Have Fun!

Last edited by 8404; 01-31-2011 at 20:52.

Thanks for the response. One thing I have had a hard time finding out is how the school works when you have your family at the same location as my follow on orders are there in NC.

Thanks for the help. Just got the information that I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc12 View Post
    Thanks for the help. Just got the information that I was looking for.
    The information was provided via PM, however for the benefit of future visitors I shall post it here.

"If you have orders to the local area (i.e.: Camp Lejeune, MCAS New River, MCAS Cherry Point), your BAH rate will change to your new permanent duty station's rate upon check-in to Field Medical Training Battalion. YOU ARE ADVISED to set up residence for your family prior to the start of your scheduled class.

If you did not receive PCS orders to Camp Lejeune, MCAS New River, or Cherry Point, accompaniment by family members is NOT authorized and your BAH rate will continue from your last permanent duty station."

Source: FMTB East FMST link under BAH Information
    Last edited by 8404; 01-31-2011 at 20:55.