Thread: Riverine Squadron...

Riverine Squadron...

If this is in the wrong area I apologize. Please move if so.

Hey guys, I just found out that the Riverine Squadrons in the Navy got Re-activated in 2006. This seems like an interesting field to me, and I was wondering if Corpsman are attached to RIVRON teams as Docs, or do they change rates to GM or QM when they join? Any info would be appreciated and thank you for your time.

Future Sailor McQueen.

If you select orders to Rivron and get screened in, you will maintain your rate as an HM just like if you were to be assigned to a Marine Corps unit.
    If you have any more questions feel free to message me.
    HM1 Simons
    Rivron 2
    Last edited by Rob; 11-20-2011 at 11:11.

How do the rotations seem for the near future HM1? What's expected and what's encouraged while being with Rivron for Corpsman.

Inquiring about schools more so I guess.

Rivron is currently in a special situation if you message me I can elaborate more for you, There are many changes in the future and I am no longer sure what the future holds for corpsmen here however, I will do whatever I can to get you an answer.

HM1, anyway I could also get info. I have one of my HN's looking at this after his orders out here in 29. He's deployed once to Afghanistan and has a good bit of experience, if that isn't a vague statement by personal expectations, I don't know what is, haha. Any words of wisdom I could give him?

HM3

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Rivron is currently in a special situation if you message me I can elaborate more for you, There are many changes in the future and I am no longer sure what the future holds for corpsmen here however, I will do whatever I can to get you an answer.
    Budget cuts & NECC reorg here you come....