Thread: Is it worth going division

Is it worth going division

So with all the drawing down that is currently going on, leaving Iraq and possibly soon to be Afghanistan. I will be picking orders in early next year and it will be my first chance to go green side. But with the end of the war coming, would it be a good idea to pick division orders with the possibility of the war ending? Will division even deploy if there is no war goign on?

Any advise would be appreciated

You still go on Westpac, MEUs, and other deployments besides Afghan. Greenside experience is definitely valuable and rewarding no matter if in a war zone or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by dvldocjoe View Post
    You still go on Westpac, MEUs, and other deployments besides Afghan. Greenside experience is definitely valuable and rewarding no matter if in a war zone or somewhere else...
    ^^This

If you want to have a balanced career. Greenside is definitely a way to go. Division side of the house as a Corpsman, in my opinion, is the best. I have done MLG and I am currently MARDIV deployed to Afghanistan. I will never voluntarily go MLG side of the house again. Too much bull**** and WAY too many Corpsman in one spot (since Majority who are MLG get placed with Medical Battalion) and the list goes on.

There are those who enjoy it though, but you don't get an experience quite like Division. If you are willing to tough it out when it gets tough and want to do the ground pounding stuff, MARDIV is for you.