Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIMS Test - What is it?

TFore Guest

Question AIMS Test - What is it?

Can anyone inform me as to what the AIMS test is? I was informed today that I have to take it.
    Thanks,
    Tyler

Hmmm...
    Do you "AIMS" to Please..

HAH!! I KILL MYSELF SOMETIMES!!
    Ok.. We will try to figure this out.. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Darrell Da-Chief Crone
    HMC(AW) USN (ret)

Have a problem?

OFFER A SOLUTION!!

http://www.corpsman.com

TFore Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks, Chief!

Tfore, your a Depp'er correct? We are going to have Recruiters on our "ATTACK OF DA-CHIEF" show Wednesday Night.. Let me know.. PM me your full question.

D/C
    Darrell Da-Chief Crone
    HMC(AW) USN (ret)

Have a problem?

OFFER A SOLUTION!!

http://www.corpsman.com

Not sure if this is the same as what you're talking about.

Aptitude Inventory Measurement Service

The basic purpose of AIMS is the scientific study of human behavior based on accurate measurements. It has the larger, more pragmatic goal of planning a happier and more successful future.

As individuals are tested, information about their traits becomes the primary source of data for the research program. The knowledge derived from this research benefits AIMS program participants who are making educational and vocational decisions.

Source: http://www.aimstesting.org/aboutaims.html
    Last edited by 8404; 08-25-2008 at 16:30.

TFore Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Da-Chief View Post
    Tfore, your a Depp'er correct? We are going to have Recruiters on our "ATTACK OF DA-CHIEF" show Wednesday Night.. Let me know.. PM me your full question.

D/C
    Yes Sir, I'm a Depp'er. I'll pm you with my full question right away.

Quote Originally Posted by 8404 View Post
    Not sure if this is the same as what you're talking about.

Aptitude Inventory Measurement Service

The basic purpose of AIMS is the scientific study of human behavior based on accurate measurements. It has the larger, more pragmatic goal of planning a happier and more successful future.

As individuals are tested, information about their traits becomes the primary source of data for the research program. The knowledge derived from this research benefits AIMS program participants who are making educational and vocational decisions.

Source: http://www.aimstesting.org/aboutaims.html
    Thank you for the info.
    Last edited by TFore; 08-25-2008 at 17:06.

TFore:

I received some additional information, with regards to the AIMS test. The test is an Army test and given to applicants who are enlisting with a GED diploma. The Navy utilizes it when an applicant may have been home schooled.

TFore Guest
    Oh, okay. I was home schooled so I guess that's why I'll be taking it.

Okay, I've finally located the real scoop!

Understanding and Improving the Assessment of Individual Motivation (AIM) in the Army's GED Plus Program

Abstract : The Assessment of Individual Motivation (AIM) test was developed by the U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences (ARI) to assess work-related temperament characteristics. In February 2000, the Army implemented AIM as a new market-expansion enlistment screening tool under the "GED Plus" program. Under this program, no%high school diploma graduates who might otherwise be ineligible for military service can enlist if they score sufficiently high on the AIM and meet other program requirements. This project addressed several operational issues pertaining to AIM's ongoing use in the GED Plus program. Post-implementation investigations have included (a) a preliminary examination of the operational AIM's validity against attrition under the GED Plus program, (b) the scaling of AIM alternate forms, (c) an examination of variables that might be used to supplement AIM in the prediction of first-term attrition, (d) fairness analyses, and (e) efforts to develop improved ways to score the AIM.

Click here to review or download the Study Notes for ADA420227 (193 pages)
    Last edited by 8404; 08-27-2008 at 08:26.

TFore Guest
    Thank you, very, very much! I greatly appreciate all of the help that y'all have provided.
    -Tyler